Thursday, March 21, 2013

This Poem Is Yet Not Rated

Movies have evolved in the era of ultra tech (or is it movie magic?)

Movies talk to other movies now. One movie says to another movie movies are a lot like life. The other movie says yeah, I know, right? We ought to stop watching life because it’s ruining our movies. Oh, stop complaining, shouted a stuck-up French silent film.

Life is just escapism for your sad little American movies.

Life makes us dream of a better movie in The City of Angels.

Hey, is pawning A Beautiful Mind like selling your soul?

In my teenage years in The South Bronx, I OD on movies.

Every time I tried to book my life into rehab I try to movie me.

I can’t wait for the sequel.

Movies movie on but not with a broken DVD player…

And the Oscar goes to…NYPL: The Movie!

A movie about unread books won? What a novel idea!

Annnnd here comes The Cliché Cops at The End.

Young At Heart sung by Frank Sinatra

Fade to black, roll credits …

NYPL

There’s a story happening at the public library. And I’m still working on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment